Hurricane Irene

DarthChridan

I live on the East Coast, about 20 miles west of Washington, D.C. For my region, the hurricane is past and I'm looking at clear blue sky out my window.

I actually found Irene somewhat disappointing, but maybe that's because I'm too far inland out to have really felt the effects. 24 hours of light to moderate rain, some wind (with some gusts strong enough to displace some already-loose leaves and small branches), and a lot of light tree debris laying around, but that was it. Basically, no worse than a rainy spring weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the area damage was minimal and that there were no injuries. I sincerely hope that others in the hurricane's path will fare as well. But honestly I was also hoping for more of a nature show than what it turned out to be, especially given all the hoopla. The earthquake last Tuesday lasted only 20 seconds, but was a lot more fun. :P

So much for the big, scary hurricane. :rolleyes:

yes this storm was pretty hyped up :) my local walmart was sold out of bottled water and batteries for a mere drizzle :P i am pretty far inland but we usually see some pretty bad weather from hurricanes

Yea we had some downed trees and power outages in LI and NYC. lower manhattan was flooded a bit as well. By me in brooklyn...it was just like a heavy thunderstorm really without the thunder. i stayed up till 6AM waiting for it to hit...then i got so tired i went to sleep...i woke up at 8am to sunny skies and a nice breeze outside. Wasnt much of anything where i was.