Suggestions

Hi all

I'm a newbie to armor builds. I hope I have posted this in the right forum. This is my first bucket build and came across a few imperfections and would like to know if these can be fixed? The bucket came the way they look in the pics. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

-

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I believe it could be fixable with bondo. The bumps on the sides are where you're going to put the screws so those are ok. If the person you got the helmet from is the one who made it you might be able to ask for an exchange. The crack on the side of the face plate would probably all be covered by the ears as well.

Hi Chris,

As for the edge of the cap/back, the ears will help cover the imperfections, but you may need to trim a little more off ( I made a red dotted line where you might need to trim) see below:

ZvskBqm.jpg

As for the imperfection on the front edge of the cap, the brow trim will help mask/cover it. see below:

A6YvmTB.jpg

As for the corner edge of face plate/tube area (Webbing/imperfection) that will be covered/overlapped by the back and then the ears cover that, so do not worry about it.. See below:

kMZeMDb.jpg

As for the imperfections on the bell area of the back part of the helmet, the smaller one will more than likely be masked/covered up by the rubber neck trim/gasket. But for the larger one, you can use a heat gun, and soften the ABS and work the plastic with your fingers into a less noticeable dent.. I have done this, but you will have to take your time and not over heat the plastic. Also work with gloves, the plastic gets very hot and you will need the protection.

Or you could just leave the big dent and say it came from a Wookie hitting you in the back of the head.. :Wookiee1: . :laugh1:

tbAOeSl.jpg

Good luck with your helmet build!!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I really appreciate the help on this. I got the kit as gift from my wife and all I know is that her boss assisted in getting the armor for her. At first I thought it was the AP, until I noticed all the little imperfections, and that is HIPS and not ABS. I will post more pics as I progress to show before and after. Thanks again everyone for the help.