hey FISD long time no post, just got finished moving from FL to TX and it was a long and painful process. Anyway, Im getting closer to finishing my Am build and would love some advice regarding any aspects of it. Ill attatch some pics. (also if this is in the wrong section forgive me i havent been on here in a while, and the spelling, its early xD)

Hi Jeff, looks like you are off to a good start with your AM build. You just need some adjusting/tweaking here and there.(shoulder Bells and shins) but that's no biggie. Once you get the 1 inch black elastic strap that wraps around the inside of the bicep it will help hold the shoulder bells in place..

As for your Shins, I hate to tell you but you have them on the wrong leg. It is a common mistake because of the molded cover strip that is on the back, it is actually on the wrong side, which gives the builder the wrong impression of which leg it should be on.

What I did was cut off the strip and attach it to the outer back part of the shin. This way the cover strip faces the proper way (to the inside of the legs). Also, the bottom return edge of the ankle area is not needed, the original armor did not have that, it is just left over from the thermoforming of shins. Plus it will help the shin to fit better.

silebzb.jpg

On 8/1/2011 at 12:33 AM, burnjp5 said:
sorry not good with the picture stuff.

No worries, the easiest way to upload pix to this forum or any forum is to use an image host site like photobucket.com or flickr.com.

Both are free to use . Once you create your account there, all you have to do is to upload you photos to your account, whether it is with photobucket or whichever image hosting site you choose.

Here are a couple of diagrams to show you how to post pix here:

TJVkyEl.jpg

OR:

JeSfdrR.jpg

Personally, I use the IMG code and paste it into the body of the post..

On 8/1/2011 at 1:27 AM, RogueTrooper said:

Hi Jeff, looks like you are off to a good start with your AM build. You just need some adjusting/tweaking here and there.(shoulder Bells and shins) but that's no biggie. Once you get the 1 inch black elastic strap that wraps around the inside of the bicep it will help hold the shoulder bells in place..

As for your Shins, I hate to tell you but you have them on the wrong leg. It is a common mistake because of the molded cover strip that is on the back, it is actually on the wrong side, which gives the builder the wrong impression of which leg it should be on.

What I did was cut off the strip and attach it to the outer back part of the shin. This way the cover strip faces the proper way (to the inside of the legs). Also, the bottom return edge of the ankle area is not needed, the original armor did not have that, it is just left over from the thermoforming of shins. Plus it will help the shin to fit better.

This one goes there, that one goes there? xD

<p>I know the AM shins are very big but they look pretty loose. Can you wrap them any tighter? Other than the direction of the seam, I thought each side was pretty symmetrical. How do you tell them apart? I have helped on some AM builds, and we just made sure the seam line faced inwards. </p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

On 8/1/2011 at 3:39 PM, TK5707 said:

<p>Other than the direction of the seam, I thought each side was pretty symmetrical. How do you tell them apart? I have helped on some AM builds, and we just made sure the seam line faced inwards. </p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

Hey Edwin, the AM shins are not symmetrical, they have the same contour as a persons calf. This has been a common problem among AM builds, because the thought pattern is to have the molded/integrated back cover strip to face inwardly. This would be correct if the outer side of the AM shin had the molded/integrated back cover strip.

Here is a diagram that I did for another member (Derek) that had done their AM build and had reversed his shins because of the thought pattern that the molded/integrated cover strip should face inward with the AM shins. It gives a persons leg a distorted look, kind of like having your shoes on the wrong foot. Also, wearing them on the wrong legs is probably uncomfortable, I would assume.

Unfortunately, the member in the diagram had already attached his sniper knee plate, which meant he was going to have to remove it and patch and fill the shin, so it wouldn't have holes (he used rivets).

NYBnWaE.jpg