Square, plastic mic.

Hi everyone. I have finally got around to fitting my Aker and Icomm system. Should I use the mic that comes with the Aker or get another type that I am sure I have seen on here. I have searched and searched the forum but can't find it anywhere. Fro memory it's a square plastic box mic that seems to fit behind the voice box of the helmet. Just wondering if this is better to use for a more secure fitting.

Many thanks for any help,

Rob.

Well most say that nothing beats the sound quality of the mic that comes with it. I haven't taken mine out trooping yet but if its sturdiness that you're worried about, you can bend the wire a bit to help it fit better, when I got mine it couldn't stay on my ears at all, but i just bent the ends closer together and I can look all around without the mic moving at all.

Edited by kevster

Ya, that too, I was kind of thinking about that. It seems that it would be somewhat difficult since you would have to put your helmet on and then try and plug the mic into the Icomm. But when you're out on troops there's always people around to help. One thing I have noticed from playing around with the system, unless you are using the PTT system, the mic is very sensitive and the slightest knock on any part of the mic band will activate it. So I would think if you look down or up and the helmet hits against the armor, it might set it off. Hopefully the neck trim would reduce it enough that it wouldn't activate. Wouldn't want to jog somewhere and have your mic on the fritz haha.