AB Shimming

I posted this on my build thread but didn't get any response so I thought i'd try here for some help.

I will have to shim the sides of my AB and Kidney section. I am a bit unsure where the 6 rivets on the left hand side will go. I have marked where I think they go however this will leave a large gap where the shim will go. are they in the right position or do I need to put 3 of the rivets onto the shim to maintain the distance apart?

Hopefully the pic will show what I mean....

5945841592_01d09b5465.jpg

First off, just a little FYI (cause that's what we do here) if you are at all going for accuracy, the rivets are on the other side of the armor. There should only be the base of a male snap showing on the top ab portion on this side.

MY shim is exactly the same size as yours. On the right side of the main body of the armor is the place I used the snaps to get in and out of the armor. The left side is where the rivets should be. They should be evenly spaced, top to bottom about 10 mm in from the edges. The bottom ones will be covered by the belt, but most troopers dab paint on the top ones to match the armor. Unw31OK.jpg1WBrg9A.jpg

I hope this helps!!!