E6000 Questions

Hello. Just started my first TK build yesterday. I am currently working on one of the biceps (I am using the cover strip method, both inside and out) and have two E6000 questions...

1) When using the E6000 for assembly, is it best to take a "less is more" approach or should I cake it on.

2) If some of the glue should happen to squish out in a little bead onto a surface, how do I/will I be able to get that off?

I am aware that all glued surfaces need to be clamped and left alone for 24 hours.

Thanks all.

Hi David...

the important thing is, before you use the e-6000, masking with adhesive tape.

Then glue a strip along the surface and apply paint smooth with a wood spatula, so there is a smooth adhesive film.

The slogan "less is more" is therefore correct ;) ...it's should enough for one side, by "pressing" of the clamp is squeezed out some glue.

Try something with residual materials...practically a test trial. I have also made this....so you learn to know the characteristics of the adhesive.

Hope this helps....good luck with you build, mate...

Cheers...

Dan

PS: Should something go wrong .... no fear, the adhesive can be easily removed

Edited by DarthChridan

• 2 months later...

A good thing with the E6000 is that it can be easily removed if you get a "over spill" blob. The next day take an exacto knife & make several lite cuts on the glue blob at the seam. Next gently slide the blade under the blob & it will pop right off. It's best to make sure you have a new blade on the exacto knife. BUT REMEMBER LITE CUTS! You dont want to cut too deep & cut right through your armor.