Kidney Plate direction

From what I can see, it looks to me that you have the Kidney plate upside down. depositphotos_3643384-Magnifying-glass-emoticon.jpg

V8UTb2V.jpg

As for trimming, do a test fitting with your undersuit on. Any other garment may make it not fit properly. Just do like you have been doing, using the blue masking tape to hold it together temporarily. If you can, get someone to mark the sides if you need to trim them down. It helps to have someone who can see the area clearly and mark it for you. If you can't get someone to mark it, just mark it the best way and add a little bit to the line that you mark and give yourself some room for error. The old saying is you can always trim off more, but it is not so easy to put it back.

Hope this help, if you have questions if post.

• 2 months later...

I was looking for this same answer but my armor is an FX and its edge is flat on both ends. However, in looking at it just now I noticed the raised edge that meets the butt plate is more prominent on one end than the other (it kinda tapers down to the same height as the rest of the kidney plate). Once I noticed that (and only did by following the above advice) did I notice this so it's now obvious to me which way it goes. It's amazing what you can see if you just actually look :)