A few questons... strapping and return edges

Okay I've asked a few of these questions in my build thread --- but haven't gotten any replies so I figured I'd try here along with a few other questions. first off is return edges where are they supposed to be and where are they not? I know the forearm wrist part isn't supposed to have one but does that include the part circled in this pic?

VZPf96t.jpg

next is the return edge on the chest plate. does the top neck area have any at all? My other question is does anyone have any good pics of how the strapping works for the bicep to the forearm? I've seen tutorials but not really show a good picture of the inside and how the elastic is attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

On 6/30/2011 at 4:04 AM, Kevin Myhre said:

Okay I've asked a few of these questions in my build thread here but haven't gotten any replies so I figured I'd try here along with a few other questions. first off is return edges where are they supposed to be and where are they not? I know the forearm wrist part isn't supposed to have one but does that include the part circled in this pic?

next is the return edge on the chest plate. does the top neck area have any at all? My other question is does anyone have any good pics of how the strapping works for the bicep to the forearm? I've seen tutorials but not really show a good picture of the inside and how the elastic is attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can probably knock some of that return out. It should be minimal.

The neck opening should not have any return.

Some people use a strap between bicep and fore-arm. I for one do not find it necessary and it seems to reduce flexibility. I just add some foam padding to the inside of the forearm piece to keep it from moving.

• 3 weeks later...

for me... and i may be wrong....

no return edge at all on the forearms for the regular stormtroopers. I have scanned the movie in several places and i see no return edges on the forearm parts, not on top not at the bottom for both hero and stunt versions,,however, the biceps and shoulder bells have different degrees of return edges.

the sandtrooper do have return edges on the top portion ( elbow region )of the forearm...look at ANH when the falcon leaves mos eisley's and you will see the return edges when the stormtrooper turns around and on the others.

but the best bet is to scan the movie for accuracy....

my 2 cents

Edited by LittleOne