Cod piece attachment..were they painted?

All the archive reference photos of the remaining suits show them unpainted, like the single closure snap on the right side torso also. Since those are the best photos of the brads/snaps, I guess most (if not all) weren't painted.

I was wondering myself where the option in the CRLs was coming from...

I haven't seen any that were painted, but that doesn't mean you can't paint them if you want to.

It kind of weird why they are not painted really. If they went to the trouble of painting the brads and all the screw heads for the strapping brackets, then why not go the whole hog and do all the other exposed hardware?

Maybe the crotch/right side torso fittings were installed in a second construction/strapping re-work before filming and there was no time left for painting them too? A little strange indeed, never thought of that...

I left mine unpainted as per the archive pictures of the remaining ANH suits, anyways.

same here i thought they were unpainted but if you look at one of the si-man suit photo, the brad is painted, maybe the original six TD's had their bottom parts painted...

would be interesting to clarify this myth...

image i ma talking about look at the cod piece...

captur12.jpg

Edited by LittleOne

same here i thought they were unpainted but if you look at one of the si-man suit photo, the brad is painted, maybe the original six TD's had their bottom parts painted...

would be interesting to clarify this myth...

I don't think you can use the si-man suits as a painting reference LOL .... or do you want black squares on yours too? LOLlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I don't think you can use the si-man suits as a painting reference LOL .... or do you want black squares on yours too? LOLlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

yes but then again that is debatle too... :P i dont think the guys would have put black spots there....

Edited by LittleOne

I think that all the paint on the SiMan suit is more like "special case" and maybe not really in 1976 production state...

But yeah, it sure is painted on that. Paul, didn't you have the chance to check the SiMan suit out up close, can you shed any more light on that matter regarding this particular suit?

SiMan spray painted the whole suit white so you can't really use it as reference. It is not in it's original state as it was in the studios. Everything is painted white and you can see the original plastic colour inside.

From all the photo's I have seen the crotch brads have always been unpainted.

SiMan spray painted the whole suit white so you can't really use it as reference. It is not in it's original state as it was in the studios. Everything is painted white and you can see the original plastic colour inside.

From all the photo's I have seen the crotch brads have always been unpainted.

Thanks. That's what I thought, so he spraypainted that suit himself. That's where the rumors of painted suits for ANH came from a while ago, right?

ok folks,

i have watched the garbage compactor scene in super slow mo...

a few fun facts...when Han falls he has a big white stripe running in his crotch..probably to protect his fall...

a few seconds after he gets up and for a few moments his ab plate is over his chest piece...funny...

when Luke gets up after getting caught by the dianoga beast you can clearly see that his belt has no grappling hook...so technically he could not have swung over the chasm....funny..

here is the nail in the coffin now...

unpaint2.jpg

the brad is unpainted! at least that part can be verified...ok it is on the hero/stunt suit but it confirms it in my book....

Edited by LittleOne