WWII reenacting

I am a historian and used to do 18th and 19th century "living history" which is a BIG difference than the standard run of the mill re-enactor...during this time, I also made uniforms for museums, not the usual crap they sell at the events themselves. I have also made WWII item's, and am a Gun collector who is in the possession of a federal firearms license :) I am very detail oriented, and I feel that most of the so called "re-enactors" are just interested in "playing historical guns" so, i don't go to these "monkey shows" anymore they make me laugh :lol:;)

I like to play airsoft with my sons in the woods. Often involve playing with our scout troop. Who doesn't like shooting at kids? ;) It's one of the funest things I do and revives the old memories of playing "army" with my friends in a vacant lot.

I've been developing plans for the annual Chuck-Wagon Competitions down in Texas and Oklahoma. Complete with a persona who is former U.S. Cavalry Captain who got a medical discharge after wounds received in the Mexican-American Wars of the '30s. :)

It's a long way off yet, though.

--Jonah

I am a member of the WWIIHRS. world war 2 historical reenactment society. The units that are around here in Minnesota that I reenact with are the 2nd SS and the 101 airborne.

I was doing this before finding the 501st came in handy doing german side being I already had the boots. LOL.

Have you looked up the HRS I believe there are a few out Washington and a whole bunch in California.

On place to check is a supplier At the Front. www.atthefront.com has links there to a bunch of units.

Any questions hit me up.

Mike