Snaps...there is a difference

I just discovered that the post size in snaps varies depending on if you buy them at a fabric store vs. Tandy Leather. If you need to add snaps to ABS (as in thru a hole drilled in the abs) or if you are working with leather such as making a holster, you need to use the Tandy Leather snaps. The post on their snaps is about .33" tall. The standard snap sold for fabric use is about .21". The standard snap is too short to work with leather straps. I've also found them it very challenging trying to make them work with ABS. It all depends on how thick the abs is. The leather snaps work great!!!. My TK armor was finished long ago but I did just make a new holster and I'm now building a clone so this will be helpful.

Yep..you are correct. I discovered this when i was making fiberglass Friday the 13th hockey masks. I needed the longer posts for the thickness of the mask and the leather straps for the part 6 and 7 masks. I actually can use the shorter post ones for snaps on the TK as i attach my snaps to nylon webbing and glue that to the inside of the armor as it allows it to fit to the curvature of the armor