Harness Snaps & Plastic

I've noticed that in a lot of build pics the owner has put snaps through a piece of plastic/hips/abs/etc. Is this for a specific reason? I had used epoxy the join the armor and the snap. It came off after some pressure/pulling was applied. Does anyone know where I can buy some plastic strips to try the other method?

Hi Brett. It's best to make a snap plate as it gives you a much larger area to glue than just trying to glue a snap to the armour. Also I believe plastic glues to plasic much better. There are FAR more knowledgable people here than me taht will explain things better. There is also a great snap making tutorial somewhere. I do have some spare ABS that you can have if you would like. Just not sure if I have enough for a whole build.

You can also use webbing to make snap attachment points (i.e put the snap through some webbing and glue it on) buts not as strong.

best go with snap plates.

Can somebody post a pic of these "webbing tabs"? I haven't seen that before.

I mean, I know how to put snaps into webbing, but I haven't seen the webbing directly attached to the armor before.

Edited by Brett

Can somebody post a pic of these "webbing tabs"? I haven't seen that before.

I mean, I know how to put snaps into webbing, but I haven't seen the webbing directly attached to the armor before.

I can post a photo when i get home. Basically mine are:

1" section of webbing. Put a 5/16" (or whatever size you use) snap through it. A punch helps a lot with making the hole. Then apply E-6000 glue to the webbing and snap and place in desired spot. If its close to the edge i will clamp it down while it dries, otherwise i place a small piece of wax paper over the webbing and use magnets to hold it down while the glue dries.

Wait 24 hours before trying to yank on it.