email address

Gaz Solo

hi all, need a bit of help!

i'm trying to change my email address... but when i enter the new details and click to submit, i get a message saying that the email address is already being used!?! But all correspondance i get still goes to my old address!

is there a quick fix? am i doing something wrong? am i just being stupid? :huh:

I think I had this trouble a few years back. I think the email address needs to be the same for all the 501st detachment and you need to change it centrally.

Hopefully someone who knows how will be along to explain.

Do you have an account at the Imperial Hub (http://passport.imperialhub.com/) or any other detachment that's part of the Hub?

no that i know of. Is that something i should do?

i have my 501st and UK Garrison accounts, both are registered to my current email address

Edited by Gaz Solo

a-ha!

just noticed my 501st account is still registered to my old address, that might be the problem? I've requested it to be changed, hopefully that'll work! :)

I don't know if your 501st account has a direct relationship with the Detachment account.

Try logging to the Hub and manage the account from there, to see if it let's you change the e-mail.

If the system says the e-mail is already used it may be because it has the same e-mail in the database somewhere.

It could be from a failed registration, or a registration at another site from the Hub (that use the same "Passport" feature).

Did you have problems when you tried to register?

Send Bluey and me a PM with the e-mail that you're trying to use (the one that the system says it's being already used) to try to find out who's using it and why.

okey-d... i've checked the Hub, and my current email address is registered to it. But when i try to change my FISD, it still comes up as already being used, and has my old address registered

will send PMs to you & Bluey :)