Humbrol drying time

It depends on the color, but Humbrol takes a while to dry. Some times it can take two days... I personnaly hate this, so I use Testors paint. More accurate grey for stormtroopers, and it dries quickly.

I could not find any Humbrol paint around here so i had to order a kit from Mike and they were delivered lightning fast to my door.

testors also was hard to find...i located some in case i could not get the humbrol from Mike...

I was able to find the gray and the black color at a local Michael's but i could not get the same shade of blue close to french blue... I was able to find an awesome site that compared humbrol to other companies...i was able to get some testor blue that was very close to the french humbrol blue but it was a shade above or below french blue...to the untrained eye there would not have been a problem...but all of that settle down when i got the paint from Mike. Plus i believe that Humbrol colors were used on the screen used helmets so if u use humbrol, you are making your kit even more authentic so to speak...

Mike's kit is dirt cheap so it is worth it to get it from him and save yourself a ton of research and aggravations...

cheers!

Edited by LittleOne

I remove the stencil after the paint has cured about 1/2 hour with humbrol. With testers I would wait 5 minutes. Just be careful how much paint you apply and how you remove the stencil. I usually pull them off at a 45 degree angle. Be slow and sure. :)

I remove the stencil after the paint has cured about 1/2 hour with humbrol. With testers I would wait 5 minutes. Just be careful how much paint you apply and how you remove the stencil. I usually pull them off at a 45 degree angle. Be slow and sure. :)

Thanks as always you Rock!

Didn't Humbrol change their formulation from what was used in the mid-70s to reduce the use of hazardous materials, as a result changing the color somewhat? :huh:

Didn't Humbrol change their formulation from what was used in the mid-70s to reduce the use of hazardous materials, as a result changing the color somewhat? :huh:

Yep !

So the new Humbrol grey is a bit too dark; IMO Testors 1138 is more accurate.

;)

Edited by moonwalker