Seeking donations to right a wrong

JimCem99

I'm forwarding this from our squad leader. Please help however you can. Thank you!

Hello all, I come to you with a plea for help. Bob "Dad" Perinchief SL-7082 (my actual dad) is an elementary school teacher, and the president of his schools PTO. Recently the PTO treasurer (a students parent) embezzeled over $2,000 from the PTO bank account, essentially cleaning the fund out.

As a passionate, lifelong teacher and advocate Dad has pledged to walk from his school to the County School Board office, and back to his school. The route will take him 10.2 miles round trip, and he is seeking people to sponsor him, at any donation, per mile. He will be doing the walk on the 30th of April. He normally walks 1.5 miles every day in the morning, and has been increasing his walks to 3-5 miles per day. He estimates that the fundraising walk should take him from 8am-12pm. He will not be walking in costume, but we will be equipping him with a camelback, granola bars, and have some friends who will do the walk with him.

Oh, by the way, Dad just celebrated his 80th birthday 2 months ago...

dadsbday.jpg

Yes, at 80 years old he is still teaching 600 students per week. Yes, at 80 years old he is planning to do a 10.2 mile walk to earn back the money someone else stole. And YES, he needs your help. ANY donation will help.

Donations can be made via Paypal (personal gift option) to: Perryinnovations@aol.com and put PTO Walk in the comment

Edited by JimCem99

• 3 weeks later...