Incinerator CRL- Weathering

Wiggleplum

Hello everyone,

looking over the CRL for the Incinerator, it says that "Armor and paint should be lightly scuffed, but not weathered." Looking at the high resolution screens of it from the game, it is extensively weathered. I have already weathered mine, so hopefully this is some sort of mistake.

Hi michael !

This point was discussed on my own thread and here's Daetrin answer :

This is a gap in language. What the intent was that armor should not be weathered like sandtroopers.

How it should read is that the armor should be scuffed and lightly weathered, with weathering being defined as the use of blackwash or similar technique, as opposed to a sandy/dirty look.

I looked through the CRL's/EIB's and we can certainly update this language to make it more clear.

I think that means your amor can be weathered but not as dirty as a sandtrooper ;)

yes, just try to keep the weathering colors to gray and black, not brown or tan like a sandtrooper. its more of a blackened scuffed up look. but i guess the key is to not go overboard.

i am experimenting with some new weathering methods, ive only tested this on painted HIPS. so im not sure how it will work for ABSHERE

the photos dont show all the details (it looks dirtier in person) but this is my newly weathered chest plate

weathering005.thumb.jpg.23263446efb6bd3700b526b6700d4ec5.jpg

for the scratches i just used the tip of an exacto knife, and lightly scored the lines in the paints surface

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

On 3/20/2011 at 9:40 PM, dashrazor said:

yes, just try to keep the weathering colors to gray and black, not brown or tan like a sandtrooper. its more of a blackened scuffed up look. but i guess the key is to not go overboard.

for the scratches i just used the tip of an exacto knife, and lightly scored the lines in the paints surface

Hopefully mine is good to go. The rest of the armor has the same amount (or less) of weathering and blackening; I just used some watered down black acrylic, sandpaper, and steel wool to help scuff up the pieces that were really smooth and glossy a bit.

Thanks guys

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed