Sarathe's TK Build

I can drop by next weekend and help you sort things out. Some of those small parts for your helmet will need to be replaced/upgraded. I did a little research and finally understand some history of T/MC armor. :rolleyes: What film were you building this to represent?

• 2 weeks later...

So on Sunday, TrooperTim and Thomas were kind enough to come to my house and instruct me on trimming my kit pieces. My husband was awesome enough to smoke a brisket with a homemade rub, and even cooked all the side dishes for lunch: steamed broccoli, yeast rolls, baked beans, salad, and shrimp cocktail. I don't think anyone went hungry ;)

The guys also lent me some tools to use, as well...and brought printed instructions, sandpapers....man, they really took care of me! Tim is a total pro and made it all look so easy. He knocked out the biggest piece in 20 minutes! Thomas is an amazing teacher, and his instructions have really stuck with me. I honestly can't thank either of them enough.

I've put some new pics up on my cubeskin site:

First piece I completed with no adult supervision

Before

Marked, taped, ready to cut

After

Pieces trimmed so far....mostly by Tim!

While the guys were here, they noticed my helmet has a weird ridge on it:

Helmet

Does anyone else have experience with such a thing?

Does the image gallery site you use have a url for the pictures? Might I suggest you use the insert image button (or the IMG tags) on your posts to show the image instead of a link. It will make your build thread pretty! ;)

So on Sunday, TrooperTim and Thomas were kind enough to come to my house and instruct me on trimming my kit pieces. My husband was awesome enough to smoke a brisket with a homemade rub, and even cooked all the side dishes for lunch: steamed broccoli, yeast rolls, baked beans, salad, and shrimp cocktail. I don't think anyone went hungry ;)

The guys also lent me some tools to use, as well...and brought printed instructions, sandpapers....man, they really took care of me! Tim is a total pro and made it all look so easy. He knocked out the biggest piece in 20 minutes! Thomas is an amazing teacher, and his instructions have really stuck with me. I honestly can't thank either of them enough.

I've put some new pics up on my cubeskin site:

First piece I completed with no adult supervision

Before

Marked, taped, ready to cut

After

Pieces trimmed so far....mostly by Tim!

While the guys were here, they noticed my helmet has a weird ridge on it:

Helmet

Does anyone else have experience with such a thing?

Tim and Thomas are great guys! Definitely listen to them. I wish I had that kind of help when I was building my TK... I had to go it alone. B)

Thanks, Jim! I'm nervous about letting Tim see them now, and tell me what I've done wrong, haha.

James, you are so right! I would have been terrified of starting this alone. They have really been amazing :D

Much can be said about self-reliance and research; however, most people aren't library hermits as I am.

Nervous? I'm probably an elitist armor snob but I don't rub that into everyone's face... very often. You do realize the original suits were sloppily put together, right.

• 3 months later...

Thought I would update with some pics of the finished product! Thank you Tim, Thomas, and Jeff, for all the help. Tim did most of it! I think he's been over here every Sunday and a lot of other days since I got the kit in the mail.

IMG_6933.jpg

IMG_6947.jpg

IMG_6978.jpg

w_IMG_7007.jpg

ymca.jpg