Updated Helmet Progress

Ive been working away on my helmet every now and then and this is where i am now, i dismantled the helmet, took the damaged lenses out, fitted new mesh and painted what had not been finished. Also decided to paint the inside black with spray. let me know what you think.

Uxt17Yo.jpg

FbGgdhL.jpg

i had to replace the hovis as the ones on it were very badly made, i also had to paint the ear pieces and screws etc as these were not done.

g0akT4y.jpg

the frown i painted myself as the stickers were bad,also used my own balck mesh which are actually speaker covers cut up!!

RlPbRiw.jpg

on the inside for the padding scruffs knee pads cut up, i thought they looked good. i painted the inside with a grey primer first, then black satin on top.

the lenses were custom made, i got some 3mm smoked acrylic and cut them to a shape with my ntrusty dremel, i then boiled them in water and formed them into shape, finally hot glued the in.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Looking might fine...!!!

Really like inside, dont be scared to add text to pics, this way you will not only make sure we all know what and how u didit, but it will be priceless for the new guy/gals ( am there) and might even teach some of the seasoned trooper too!!!!

I could suggest same shots, outside with a noon sun over top. will make it look better yet, and let us give u a better opinion.

but as far as i can see with theses, looking good!! :salute:

I like it.

You can make him look even meaner by cutting a little more of the eye socket out towards the middle.

-------------

Its just an opinion.

How to attache the chin straps and where did you get them /make them from???

cheers

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

thanks chef, dont think i would dare mess with the eyes again, i had a nitemare getting the glue to go right.

in regards to the straps it is 1" elastic, it is attached inside the helmet on with bolts and washers on the ear bolts, i just measured it and added snaps. to strenghten the elastic where it attached inside i used and eyelet tool which punches a hole and adds a little bras eyelet.