Krylon Base and Rustoleum Topcoat?

I am wanting to paint my recently acquired Scootch helmet as a slightly weathered HDPE ANH style helmet like I have seen other members do, specifically AJCG. Since all Krylon, not just the Fusion, is formulated for plastic...would it be a safe to say I could use that in lieu of the Rustoleum for plastic for my base coat and still use the Rustoleum Pro White for my top coat? Or rather, has anyone here used Krylon and then Rustoleum? Any problems? I think I remember using a Krylon primer on a model car kit, then using a Dupli-Color engine enamel and not having any issues. As always, any tips are appreciated!

I've used Rusto paints and then a Krylon clear coat before with no issues. I would wait plenty of time before painting with the other brand and try it on some scrap plastic just to be safe.

I've painted my Republic Commando using all Krylon products. Thje kit is black ABS, used Krylon auto primer, Fusion Black & White paints, & finished w/ Krylon satin clear coat. It has worked perfectly.I'm not a big fan of mixing companies, but I think the drying time is essential!

I layer between Krylon and Rustoleum with no problems. Temperature, humidity and dry times and good prep work are the keys to a good finish.

I personally think the Fusion stuff is a scam. I've done tests and it sticks no better to plastic compared to primer and topcoat.

Krylon Fusion sucks. Rusto all the way :)

Speaking of mixing brands...Dont mix brands on primers. Monday I stripped down my old TE2 and prepped it for a total repaint. I used Color place grey primer and ran out half way thru and finished up with a different brand of gray primer. In places where the 2 brands overlapped it has a sort of reptile skin going. Looks a little dry and cracked like sun baked mud. So then like an idiot I gave it a gloss white coat, hoping for the best. Now I'm waiting 2 weeks for it to cure so i can sand out the bad areas and prime it again.