The Body - One Piece or Two?

Maybe someone else with more experience has a better tip, but I got snaps at Tandy Leather--not sure if they have stores in Florida, but they have heavy duty nickel or black snaps in 100 packs on their site:

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/search/searchresults/1263-13.aspx

I bought a bunch so that I could practice, since I don't have a special tool to assemble them. The anvil and mallet method took a little testing for me to get the hang of it.

Maybe someone else with more experience has a better tip, but I got snaps at Tandy Leather--not sure if they have stores in Florida, but they have heavy duty nickel or black snaps in 100 packs on their site:

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/search/searchresults/1263-13.aspx

I bought a bunch so that I could practice, since I don't have a special tool to assemble them. The anvil and mallet method took a little testing for me to get the hang of it.

Talked to our local Tandy dealer this week and when he heard what we were asking for, he asked if we were 501st! When he said we get you guys in here all the time and also offered us Chicago screws, I knew we were in the right place. Thanks for the tip!

I have already started on my snap plates while waiting for the armor to arrive, and will post a build thread once I really get things in gear.

Glad it helped, but I'm just passing on what was passed to me. :D I looked up the Chicago screws, just curious what you would use that for?

EDIT: For attaching the holster?

Talked to our local Tandy dealer this week and when he heard what we were asking for, he asked if we were 501st! When he said we get you guys in here all the time and also offered us Chicago screws, I knew we were in the right place. Thanks for the tip!

I have already started on my snap plates while waiting for the armor to arrive, and will post a build thread once I really get things in gear.

Edited by eoastrooper