T/MC Build zsavk [*T/MC]

Heres the disaster!

100_0831.jpg

Its not too too bad. Probably not noticable by the average onlooker. But I know its there :(

100_0827.jpg

Inside cover strip warped bad when I tried to reheat to fix the two bubbles.

100_0830.jpg

Form the backs to fit closer at the velcro lap. (Which I did perfectly) Unfortunately I didn't notice the heat hitting other areas :(

Alrighty replacement shin ordered! Onward!!!

I did some work on the biceps this weekend. Got them both done with finishing strips. Using 15mm for the arms. I had to trim off about 11mm from each half of the overlap.

I put backing strips on first. Using Zap a Gap CA+ glue.

100_0832.jpg

I clamped them all up good and even though the glue dries in seconds I left it for a good 30 minutes while I cut some outer finishing strips. I also used plastic weld on the inside afterwards to really seal it up good. In addition to using the directions that came with the T/MC kit Im also following Stukatroopa's AP build for more tips and ideas.

100_0833.jpg

The next day I returned and sealed up both sides with outer finishing strips. I left them clamped and magnetized until I return. Probably hit up the bracers tommorow.

• 1 month later...

Ive been working on the strapping alot lately. Really taking most of my inspiration from Stukatroopers 2008 AP build. As well as doing tons of research here on the boards. Heres some photo updates.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Savk/TK%20ANH/100_0839.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Savk/TK%20ANH/100_0840.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Savk/TK%20ANH/100_0841.jpg

The only place I used E6000 was on the shoulder straps to the chest. It really fills the gaps up well.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Savk/TK%20ANH/100_0844.jpg

I need to take some more pics. As Ive pretty much got the whole strapping system finished now. Just need a belt to finish things up more or less :)

• 2 weeks later...

Heres some pics of the strapping system Im using.

Its pretty much all snaps and black elastic.

100_0885.jpg

100_0884.jpg

100_0886.jpg

100_0887.jpg

100_0888.jpg

100_0889.jpg

And the arms

100_0882.jpg

100_0883.jpg

100_0881.jpg

I only have the belt and some kind of garter system left to do.

Edited by zsavk

Went to town with some mad sewing skills and made up elastic loops with velcro on them to go over a belt Ill wear under neath the armor. They will hold up my thigh armor. Today I tried everything on. It all fit pretty good. Except for a couple things.

First of all I want to replace the elastic strapping on the sides of the Ab and kidney plate to non elastic. Even though I fitted the elastic really tight it still allows a gap of about a 1/4 to 1/4 inch. I can tighten that up by using some non stretch strapping and snaps.

Secondly the butt plate flares out at the ends. I need to do the same thing with it. Add some more snaps and non stretch straps to hold it tight.

Any thing else you guys think I can do?

Showing butt plate flare

100_0894.jpg

100_0891.jpg

Your strap setup is almost exactly like mine, except I didn't need the elastic on the forearm to bicep. I have a velcro tab on the butt edge to keep it from flaring out. That flare happens naturally and I think it's just a personal preference to keep it aligned. It doesn't take away from the look. I don't notice anything to improve. You look bad@$$.

I really seem to have a huge gap between my chest and the shoulder bells. Granted I could rotate them forward more but that just makes the gap in the back larger. Ive been looking at alot of pics of other members and most suits dont have a gap like mine. Im an average sized guy, not overweight and pretty much perfect TK height. But something seems off to me.

Maybe my bicep armor needs to be made smaller to allow the bells to come in closer? Anyone ever mod their biceps after assembly? Or have any tips for me?

Could be that the shoulder bells are shallower on T/MC kits (don't know that for a fact, merely speculating).

It could also be that you simply have broad shoulders. All things considered, not the worst problem to have.

Ya it might be a combo of things. I did move the snap strap that holds the Bell to the underside of my shoulders forward about an inch. I will suit up again tommorow and see if that helped. Just looking at it I think it will.

Thanks for looking Brian

IMG-20110411-00349.jpg

Edited by zsavk

It's not just you that has issues with gaps between your chest plate and your shoulder bells. That was a really common comment that I got when I was getting mine ready, and I have AM armor. So I think it's a universal problem. What I ended up doing was putting the snaps just a little bit further forward and shortening the straps. . . a lot. I have the snaps coming off the shoulder bells with only about 1/8" of elastic tab. Elastic makes it so that it can move with your shoulders, but it does tend to let the snap slip out.

Don't know if that helps, as you look great already. Food for thought!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered up a E-11 blaster kit and some of Karin's hand gaurds. Then Ill be working on the finishing touches for EIB and Centurion badges. :)

While I wait I will chill in the kitchen.....

IMG-20110411-00346.jpg

And bake a stuffed pork chop.....

IMG-20110411-00348.jpg

Edited by zsavk