Painting armor and helmet

Hello all,

I am getting armor soon, AM version and an eFX helmet which I know I will have to mod. My question is I am sure they will be different shades of white. Does that matter? Do I have to get everything painted the same "shade". I was thinking of taking to a body shop and have them do a once over on all of it so it matches is that necessary?

If youre buying an AM kit and an updated Fx helmet, they should be the same color plastic as AM is the new FX. If you bought a recast FX helmet from some other source, it likely won't match in terms of color.

I think if you're going to the effort of painting a kit, I would upgrade to a more screen accurate helmet and just paint the helmet the same color as the armor.

Look in the buy and sell section of this site or contact armor makers here.

-------------

Avoid ebay, most sellers can be found on Fisd.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Terry, I believe by "eFX" he means the newest incarnation of the MRCE.

The eFX (MRCE) is not a bad lid, although it does need a.bit of modification. It's commonly used as an upgrade from the FX helmet, but as Terry said there are even better helmet choices available. As for the paint mismatch - I wouldn't worry about it so much, as the same was seen on-screen.

On 12/19/2010 at 3:02 AM, SamJ said:

The stunt helmets were a different shade to the armour so I can't see there being a problem with the helmet and armour differing in shade on your stuff.

Yep! :D

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021