Jedislayer's CAP-W Bucket Build

Guest jedislayer5000

Guest jedislayer5000

Yeah it does. I use plumbers putty on a lot of my lids/armor, etc. Stinks just as bad, but really great stuff though.

web.jpg?ver=12878779070001

web.jpg?ver=12878779330001

web.jpg?ver=12888301150001

cool, i like what you painted the inside with looks cool, ya im prolly gonna use the putty to hold the lenses on also.. but is it removeable?

Brandon for the lenses i cut green welders visor a little larger than the TK eye holes then i heat it up a bit on top of my stove then i press em down on the eyes inside the helmet so it takes the curved shape i want.

Then i use a hot glue gun ($5 at wal-mart) and glue all around exept for the top of the eyes so they don't fog.

If you don't have any i'll ship you some for free!

Pat :)

Guest jedislayer5000

Brandon for the lenses i cut green welders visor a little larger than the TK eye holes then i heat it up a bit on top of my stove then i press em down on the eyes inside the helmet so it takes the curved shape i want.

Then i use a hot glue gun ($5 at wal-mart) and glue all around exept for the top of the eyes so they don't fog.

If you don't have any i'll ship you some for free!

Pat :)

thats a cool idea, i dont have any but i have some stuff here im gonna try, it looks much too light tho but i havent tried it inside the helmet where its dark yet so well see if i can see my eyes heh.. your too kind :)

Be careful with hot glue, you could warp the helmet if it's too hot. If you cut the lens material to the shape you like (nose room etc.) you can drill the ends to fit the main assembly screws and get it to fit snug so that it doesn't move, also you could then add some glue just to hold it in place. ;)

Guest jedislayer5000

Be careful with hot glue, you could warp the helmet if it's too hot. If you cut the lens material to the shape you like (nose room etc.) you can drill the ends to fit the main assembly screws and get it to fit snug so that it doesn't move, also you could then add some glue just to hold it in place. ;)

ah yes i remember hearing that from someone before thanks for reminding me!

PS I like high brows too, the helmet looks Rad! :duim:

heh thx, you make a nice lid :D

Guest jedislayer5000

my first attempt at making a snowflake, the corners of the clones mouth didnt come out very sharp but its very hard to make those tiny intricate cuts, plus my left thumb is out of commission lol.. if anyone else wants to give it a shot heres directions http://dancell.cwahi.net/star-wars-paper-snowflakes-instructions.html

IMG_0993.jpg

Guest jedislayer5000

well here are the pics of the finished bucket :D i am gonna wait a week to put on the glossy clear coat but i assembled it roughly to get some pics.. the one of me in it is a webcam pic and for some reason cut off one of the eyes rofl, as you can cleary see from the camera pics, the eyes are the same

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

snapshot2.jpg

Edited by jedislayer5000

Guest jedislayer5000

i realise that i could cut some more of the back lip but i find that now it sits on my head perfectly, if i cut the bottom off it would bobble.. atleast until i get some foam and straps hehe bigger troopers would not be able to get their head in there :P