neodymium aka earth magnets

Guest jedislayer5000

Guest jedislayer5000

after some searching, found some locally so i wont have to wait for overseas shipping, they are .7" wide (round) by .11" thick, here they are: ------- do you guys think theyll work fine?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

what are you using them for? (clamping, connecting things, etc...)

the pull force is more important to me than the size of the magnet. do they say on the pack anywhere how much they pull? the ones i use for clamping are just shy of 8 pounds each.

Guest jedislayer5000

what are you using them for? (clamping, connecting things, etc...)

the pull force is more important to me than the size of the magnet. do they say on the pack anywhere how much they pull? the ones i use for clamping are just shy of 8 pounds each.

using em for clamping, and im pretty sure that the pull force is over 20 lbs each, but they dont say anywhere on the pack... i got the size from pandatroopers am build thread, any bigger and they wouldnt fit on the cover strips so i think this is the best bet, unless i wanted to save money and get the smaller ones which come with 10 in a pack and cost the same, but theyre about half the size or a bit smaller

Guest jedislayer5000

heres the company that makes those ones... they have ones called neodymium and ones called rare earth so i guess theyre not the same thing, even tho theyre made of the same material? anyway here it is

------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Guest jedislayer5000
On 11/30/2010 at 5:32 AM, pandatrooper said:

Those will work. You can stack them for extra pull. Get 4 packs.

thx panda, they actually dont have 4 packs, heres all the ones they got ----- im just wondering what i can get for my money, like should i get the biggest or will the smallest work? i just want the ones that will work best so im guessing the biggest and get a bunch of 3 packs

Edited by gmrhodes13

They're GREAT for clamping for sure (I also do what Vern does... "old schoolin' it") but I also use 'em to hold little notes and scraps of paper on my computer screen and keep my iPhone on my belt.

Guest jedislayer5000
On 12/7/2010 at 2:55 PM, No said:

They're GREAT for clamping for sure (I also do what Vern does... "old schoolin' it") but I also use 'em to hold little notes and scraps of paper on my computer screen and keep my iPhone on my belt.

haha ya i wont be getting them near my screen any time soon :P they lady that sold them to me is like dont take them near credit cards lol