Plastic Weld HELP!

Is Plastic Weld and E6000 always clumpy? They're both like trying to spread frosting on. I saw some pics on here where there is a plastic weld in a bottle. It looks like there's a brush and it might be liquid enough to spread on clean and easy. But the ONLY thing I can find is the stuff that comes out of 2 tubes and you mix it (Devcon Plastic Welder). It's clumpy and starts to thicken up immediately and I have to spread it on with a popsicle stick like paste. Am I doing something wrong or is this just the way it is gluing armor together? I guess I'm looking for something that's easy to use like simple model cement that flows more. I've read a lot of threads and everyone swears by Devcon and E6000 but am I the only one about to pull my hair out using these products? Any advice would be great!

The liquid plastic weld is basically Acetone. The best way to weld the plastic is to clamp it or use strong magnets to hold the two pieces together then get the plastic weld/Acetone on a brush and just touch the seam and the liquid will seep into the join and weld the two pieces together. Another little tip is if you dissolve shreds of the plastic you are welding together into the acteone you can make a paste glue that exactly matches the plastic you are gluing together.

The liquid plastic weld is basically Acetone. The best way to weld the plastic is to clamp it or use strong magnets to hold the two pieces together then get the plastic weld/Acetone on a brush and just touch the seam and the liquid will seep into the join and weld the two pieces together. Another little tip is if you dissolve shreds of the plastic you are welding together into the acteone you can make a paste glue that exactly matches the plastic you are gluing together.

Ā 

Ā 

That's a great tip about the shreds of plastic. So is acetone safe to use on ABS plastic (AP armor) without warping it like I've heard some glues do? Is there a US brand name acetone that is preferred? I'm in the US.

The thing I have learned about E-6000 (and it could just be me) but once you open it you better use it. Every tube I've ever opened, used some, and then put in a drawer for a week or two wasn't worth a crap any more. It seems to start to harden. I always have the same problem with Devcon. But again, this could just be my problem. However I still swear by both of them for armor building.

The thing I have learned about E-6000 (and it could just be me) but once you open it you better use it. Every tube I've ever opened, used some, and then put in a drawer for a week or two wasn't worth a crap any more.

This must be a climate / humidity issue. I'm in the high east mountains of New Mexico and can leave E-6000 for months on end and it's still nice and runny every time I use it. I go through a lot of it, but if I cap it off each time I'll end up cutting the tube open to scrape out the last bit before tossing it out.