Need help with thighs

I have pretty large thighs and my thigh armor isn't big enough to cover them in the back. I've read about using shims, but I have no clue how to do that and couldn't find any tutorials. Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial or can offer me some help.

I didn't have to shim mine, but having recently finished assembling my armor, here's what you probably need to do. To shim the back, you'll want to create an inner join strip. If you take a look at the Thigh/Shin tutorial on the site, it does a pretty good job of showing/explaining the inner strips. On my build, I glued the inner strip to one side first, and let it cure for 24 hrs. Then I glued the other half the next day. You'll want to create your inner strip wide enough so that you can glue it together so it fits. Remember, measure twice, cut once. Leave plenty of excess on your inner strip and glue to one of the halves. When the glue is cured, do a test fit. Tape up the back, measure and mark the shim, and cut off the excess so you can get the join to fit.....then glue them together.

That should do it!

Heres the tutorial for thigh assembly in the tips and how to section.

----

The advice from the other posts here should help too. You basically need to make wider or tapered shims / cover strips. If possible, make the front closer to screen accurate and make the back wider.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

shooter's big V back. i glued the front of my thighs last nite. i too am going to be doing the big v backs in my thighs. Im trimmed, shimmed and ready for glue. years of motocross and skateboarding have left me with monster thighs and i cant get any where close to anh specs. i like shooter's cut out in the back of the knee to avoid pinching... gonna try that one also.