Is this bad?

is it a big no-no to use super glue to attach my velcro pieces to my armor instead of a hot glue gun?

i was just thinking that it might be easier and less worrysome

any advice would be great,

thanks!

-Paul

Edited by Psojka

I would recommend a snaps system instead of velcro, but if you are using velcro, buy the industrial strength stuff. Regular velcro doesn't stand up very well to the rigors of trooping and the industrial strength already has adhesive on it, no extra glue required, available at Home Depot and Lowes.

Edited by Shooter

i agree w/ shooter. snaps are the way to go...

when using a glue, id suggest e6000. it has a strong hold, but will allow for adjustment w/ a clean removal. also, no heat is involved that may melt or warp your plastics.

check this site out - http://www.tonybarnett.plus.com/snaps.html

C.

Edited by C HERM

heat can be generated when E-6000 interacts with snaps. you have to make sure that your snap

tabs are large enough to not allow glue to contact the

metal parts of the snap when gluing.

good building... happy troopers.

I've noticed that both industrial velcro, and e 6000 can be removed after a while.

if you live in a warm humid climate.

• 2 weeks later...

heat can be generated when E-6000 interacts with snaps. you have to make sure that your snap

tabs are large enough to not allow glue to contact the

metal parts of the snap when gluing.

Agreed about the snaps needing to be big enough. However, I did a test by gluing a snap directly on to a piece of ABS (AM armor) to see what happens when the metal of the snap and the glue interact. It's been 3 days and the E6000 has not adversely affected either side of the ABS. I will continue to verify my test piece for any adverse signs.

Please understand that I am not suggesting anyone do this as part of their armor build. It's just that curiosity got the better part of me.