That first shine!

ERock

My armor is almost complete (except for the webbing) and it's time to start thinking about getting my armor to gleam a bit now that it's been handled like it's been at a Jawa swap meet. I know a lot of people have used the different Novus polishes with great results and I'm about to buy some, but just wonder how much do I need?

Remember, I'm polishing an ENTIRE armor build AND I'm removing some glue and wetsanding some problem areas. Do I need to go nuts and get 64 oz. bottles of each to start, or will the small 8 oz. bottles be enough to do an entire suit?

Sounds like a common sense kinda question, I know... but I'm unfamiliar with the consistency and the average usage when applying it.

Thanks for any and all help! :)

I have an 8 oz of Novus #1 and 8 oz of Novus #2. They have a #3 for scratch removal, which I haven't tried. I use the #2 to buff and shine the plastic; it's sort of like a mini abrasive. #1 seals the finish and is used for fingerprint/smudge removal. I've polished my armor several times and have plenty left over. 64 oz is a lot. I use a very thin strip on an area. Takes a little time and elbow grease but it's enough to super shine.

I have an 8 oz of Novus #1 and 8 oz of Novus #2. They have a #3 for scratch removal, which I haven't tried. I use the #2 to buff and shine the plastic; it's sort of like a mini abrasive. #1 seals the finish and is used for fingerprint/smudge removal. I've polished my armor several times and have plenty left over. 64 oz is a lot. I use a very thin strip on an area. Takes a little time and elbow grease but it's enough to super shine.

Thanks Tim. I figured 64 oz. was going a bit overboard, but this is my first armor kit and wasn't sure. I can't find the stuff around here to see it for myself, so I am ordering online.

• 2 months later...