T track attachmet

snoberg

I had my blaster fully assembled and painted, it looks great, I will upload pics another day, but that is beside the point. When I built the blaster, I got it ready in a hurry for an event. Nothing was rushed on it, and it does not look sloppy at all, in fact it came out really well, except now I have one small issue...

I finished the blaster without the T tracks. I have T track now, and they are also painted and ready to attach to the blaster. My issue is getting the two painted surfaces (gun barrel+t track) together in a strong bond. I am pretty opposed to sanding down the barrel to the PVC to get better contact, so I am looking for advice on what to do.

Pin them somehow? A super duper super-y super glue? A satin clear coat that does not react with glues that I can apply to the gun and tracks? Ill run and get whatever I need to get it done, I just don't want to have to repaint the whole blaster because of it.

Edited by snoberg

Just use a sanding block and only sand down the barrel along the holes to reveal the un painted barrel. This also creates a flat spot for the t track to sit against it.

Paint the t track black leaving the underside un painted but sanded. Now jusy glue the t track on. Depending on what material the t track is, use the appropriate adhesive.

What T Tracks are you using? They weren't glued on the originals. All I did on mine was heat up the two ends and bend them over a desk edge to about 45 - 50 degree angle then just pressure fit them in the holes. They stay in fine. Provided you get the measurements right they should sit nice and flush.

I painted my barrel without thinking about t-track atachment and tried allsorts but the painted surfaces made it virtually impossible to attach them so in the end i just dremmeled a few spots of paint off here n there and glued them on.

This sounds like the best thing to do, I can dremel a few 10mm dots off the barrel here and there for glue to rest on. Thanks man.

• 1 month later...

On my habro, I gave it like 3 coats of silver primer plus 6 coats of black (lol), I thought my t tracks wouldn't glue, but I used abs glue with my fingers crossed, and it hasn't let me down at all. And I didn't even sanded it down where i was going to glue them on