Major Snag

Kirby

I wasnt sure to post here or in the TE specific thread..... Well to my issue. I have started working on my upper thighs, and in trying to get as close as possible to the correct size front strip I realized last night thats going to be a problem. Currently I am at about 35 mm. If I try and go any smaller in front, its goign to start making the back "flair" the back out like a book, (the strip being the book spine. I am really unsure of how to continue. I obviously dont want to cut anymore as I cant add that back, but I dont see how either option is going to really look right, a 35 mm strip is way larger than the battery belt. I would also think that the flair would make the armor look off as well. I would think that either one would really hinder my chances at approval. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I wish that I had know about some of the larger armors out there when I bought my armor, but hind-site is always 20/20 and I have to work with what I have on this build.. I am getting so close to the end of this journey, and I have had some bumps along the way.. but this by far seems to be the one thats going to cause me the most grief...

k7VdGpb.jpg

Just make the thigh pieces fit to you (make all pieces fit to your body style)and try to get the finish strips as close to the 20mm for the legs as possible and you will be fine.

Go get you some poster board and try cutting out different thickness strips out of the poster board and lay them on the thigh armor and see which is going to come the closest before cutting the real finishing strips.

20 to 25mm usually is the parameter when you are looking at larger sizes. The accurate strip is actualy 20mm.

If you get the poster board and cut the different test strip pieces and lay them on the thigh armor and post pix, we will give you our opinion on which looks best.

i just did the front strip a little larger than the actual screen used strip on the front. I adjust the size by the back of the leg. My thigh i think was 23" around so i just added shims on the inside on the back. i then just covered any seem with a finishing strip. Mine is wide on the back, probably about 3-4" but no one really notices the back. From the front it looks perfect.