Yet another Hasbro mod...

Kirby

I decided that if I could remove all of my resin parts from my Hasbro I would go hard core on the mod, and make it as close I can get even though it will be slighlty smaller in stature. I am goign to remove all of the pre-existing t-track drill and drill holes. My biggest question is... I have looked at pictures and searched till I fell like my eyes are going to pop.. Im sure its somewhere and I have just overlooked it but is there a preferred number of t-tracks... I have seen many configurations, some with 5, (placed on different vent holes) some with 7... So what is the right number? I could try checking the movies, but I dont know if I could catch both sides of the same blaster. If it does make a difference I am going for ANH... Thanks

For ANH E11:

Blaster

* Folding stock (does not need to function)

* Hengstler counter

* D-ring on the rear

* Correct style scope

* Two power cylinders on the magazine

* Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast.

-- Total of 6 T-racks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the Hengstler side un-covered)

* Hasbro blasters:

-- Total of 7 T-racks (if you cover all the original Hasbro rows of holes) or 6 T-racks (if you cover the original Hasbro "open row" of holes on the Hengstler side. Below this, you must grind off the original Hasbro lower T-rack and drill a new row of holes)

-- Hasbro blasters are discouraged but allowed

* No ESB/ROTJ greeblies on the blaster are allowed

Also, if you get the itch and want to build an ANH E11 from scratch, then take a look at this link: -----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

On 9/22/2010 at 9:44 AM, RogueTrooper said:

Also, if you get the itch and want to build an ANH E11 from scratch, then take a look at this link: 

I actually have that and all the resin parts to go along with.. just cant figure out how to get it printed... when I unzipped the file it wasnt saved as anything so I resaved as a jpg and it wont print.. any help on the printing and if it comes out at the right size I will be more than glad to accept. as I do want a full sized e-11... the hasbro was a fill in till I could get the full sized done...

OK not sure how I missed your Hasbro job Qtroop but that is a nice bit of material to look at...I have to be careful though and not get too ambitious and take away from armor building time.. I still gotta get my armor finished so I can get approved... I will be trying my best to make everything EIB level on the first run.. as always I knew I could count on good advice.... I gotta remember to start posting some pics.. I get into building.. and forget to snap a few pixels....

I actually have that and all the resin parts to go along with.. just cant figure out how to get it printed... when I unzipped the file it wasnt saved as anything so I resaved as a jpg and it wont print.. any help on the printing and if it comes out at the right size I will be more than glad to accept. as I do want a full sized e-11... the hasbro was a fill in till I could get the full sized done...

If you are talking about the "E11 barrel 1.5" folder with the two documents, yeah there is something missing in the file itself to be able to open it like a normal jpeg.

If you right click on one of the documents, the drop down box will give you choices. Scroll to "open with" and choose "paint." If paint does not appear in the list of programs, then scroll down to "choose program" and then look through and find the "paint" program and open it from there. It will then open in "paint" and you will be able to print it out on a standard 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper and it will come out the correct size for wrapping it around a 1.5 size piece of pipe.

If you don't have the paint program, then you should be able to download it for free off of CNET. Just google it.

The barrel blue print is split into two different sections, but there are arrow/markers to match the two sheets of paper together, so you have everything lining up.

If you have any problems, just let me know. I will help you out any way possible.

Actually I think that I downloaded both versions... the Iambubby zip which is I think the 1.25 and then the other is the 1.5 I actually had the problem with both, I will open them with the paint and print from there and see how that works out.. thanks a lot....

That is strange about the Iambubby zip. When I downloaded it I was able to open it and print it without any problems. Glitches with the internet and software - go figure!

When you are able to print the pages out (properly), and get ready to wrap the template around the pipe, before you drill use a center punch/tap. If you don't already have one you can get one at any hardware or home improvement store.

Why I say use a center punch/tap is that it will give the drill bit something to guide into, especially since it is much harder to drill accurately into a curved surface like a pipe. You won't have to worry about the template shifting on you after that, because you will have marked where each hole needs to be.

Start out with a smaller bit first, around a 1/16". Then you will have a pilot hole for everything that you have to drill especially when it comes to the 7/16" and the couple of 1/2" vent holes that you have to drill.

Let me know how it turns out.

Yeah... got the punch.. allthough doesnt work as well on plastic as it does on wood..(I think thats mainly because Ill knock the well you know what on wood, think I hold back when Im setting it on plastic.. think im afraid ill break the pvc.. like its as thin as my armor..) hahahah had to take a poke at myself... :) seriously though Ill be using my step bit and drill press for that build....