Newbie question about weapons

Javier

Hi

I’m starting to assembly my armor, but to be honest I have not done much research about blasters and other kind of weapons. I do know that for my ANH armor I will want a E-11 blaster. I have read many posts about a Hasbro blaster and when I look it up I found a white and blue toy sold by target or Wal-Mart. I also noticed that there are for sale many kits that help you transform this toy into a full kick-an impolite person looking weapon. Am I missing something? I just want to be sure that I will do my first steps towards the right direction.

Thanks for your guidelines,

Hi Javier. This section of the FISD Academy should explain everything you need. :)

-----------

There are links to blaster builds and links to where to purchase parts from.

Hope that helps!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

You can go the Hasbro mod route, or you can also build your own E11 from scratch.

Here is an easy way to build yourself a really nice ANH E11:

Purchase the Doopy Doo's 20 piece kit and their Hengstler counter box, and resin M38 scope. Then all you would need is a 1/8 inch thick by 3/8 inch wide, by around 9-1/2 inches long piece of flat bar for the scope rail. A 40mm diameter, by 18-1/16 inches long PVC pipe and use the ANH blueprints from the Blaster Builder Club for the barrel/body of the E11/Sterling.

Link to Doopydoo's kit:

http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-pipe-blaster-base-detailing-kit-2068-p.asp

Link to Doopy Doo's Hengstler counter box:

http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-detailing-part-hengstler-counter-box-1558-p.asp

Link to Doopy Doos resin M38 scope:

--------------

Link to Blasters Builder Club blue prints:

------------

Also, if you don't want to build or mod yourself a blaster, then you could go with the HyperFirm ANH E11 that Slavefive/Lewis makes. You can find him in the "For Sale or Trade - Personal Items". Link to his ANH E11: -----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 9/21/2010 at 12:13 PM, pandatrooper said:

Hi Javier. This section of the FISD Academy should explain everything you need. :)

-----------

There are links to blaster builds and links to where to purchase parts from.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, very useful material! Exactly what I was looking for.

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 9/21/2010 at 1:17 PM, RogueTrooper said:

You can go the Hasbro mod route, or you can also build your own E11 from scratch.

Here is an easy way to build yourself a really nice ANH E11:

Purchase the Doopy Doo's 20 piece kit and their Hengstler counter box, and resin M38 scope. Then all you would need is a 1/8 inch thick by 3/8 inch wide, by around 9-1/2 inches long piece of flat bar for the scope rail. A 40mm diameter, by 18-1/16 inches long PVC pipe and use the ANH blueprints from the Blaster Builder Club for the barrel/body of the E11/Sterling.

Link to Doopydoo's kit:

http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-pipe-blaster-base-detailing-kit-2068-p.asp

Link to Doopy Doo's Hengstler counter box:

http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-detailing-part-hengstler-counter-box-1558-p.aspst=0&p=134107entry134107

Thanks, since I’m not as good builder as other members, I think I will go for the simpler approach and I will have a modified Hasbro blaster. I’ll order the Doopy Doo's kit and I’ll keep reading about similar projects posted in this forum.