Requesting Surprise appearance in Warrington,UK

DoppleGanger

I haven't been a member of this forum for long, so I apologize in advance for breaking any protocols.

It's my little boy's 5th birthday party on 9th Oct & wondered what is the procedure for requesting an appearance? I had submitted a request to the 501st, who very politely declined explaining they are unable to attend all of the incredible amount of requests they get. But I wondered if it'd be out of order to ask local members of this site? :unsure:

Once again, I apologise if my query is out of order or I'm breaking any rules.

Cheers.

Usually they need 2 to 3 months to be able to accomodate most appearances.

It might be a help since you are in the UK, if you can get one of the staff members to re-title this topic something like this: "asking for an appearance in Warrington Chesire UK".

If one of the staff members are not able to re-title your topic for you, my other suggestion is start a new topic with a title that connects closer to your geographic area, since the FISD covers worldwide.

Even though the UK Garrison may not be able to come as a large group, some of the members on the FISD, in the UK, may be able to pop in if they have not already committed to something else.

Hope one or two can come to your son's birthday party. One way or another, I hope he has a great 5th birthday.

Thanks, guys. Sorry... yeah I'm in Warrington, UK.

It was a few months back that I submitted a request to the 501st in the hope it was with enough notice.

It was only at lunchtime today I thought of asking the FISD.

I'll ask one of the staff to re-name the thread.

Thanks again, guys!

Edited by DoppleGanger

Rob

First off, Welcome to the FISD mate, its a pleasure to have you on board :)

Right, Topic title as now been sorted for you so hopefully that will let folks know what you are looking for. :duim:

Regarding requests for appearances, these are normally handled by the UKG Event Co-ordinator.

They will review the request and assess whether it would be suitable for a 501st official troop.

The UKG gets hundreds and hundreds of requests and unfortunately its not always possible to accommodate

them all. :(

May I suggest that you come on over and join up and get to know us a little bit better and that way you

may be able to get in touch with some local troopers who may be willing to pop along in an ‘unofficial’

capacity. :)

Here’s the link to our site;-

ukgarrison.co.uk

We’re a good bunch over there (well mostly :D ) and I think you’ll enjoy it nearly as much as you will here mate.

Thanks, Bill.

I've registered for the garrison... just waiting for a comfirmation email.

I can't thank you guys enough for the help & advice so far... & that's BEFORE I start building! LOL ;)

Seriously tho I really appreciate it, & tho I've only recently signed up if I can return the favour & help out in any way, please let me know.

Cheers again!! :)