Helmet Interior Paint

Kirby

I am not quite ready to start on my bucket yet. But I always like to start getting my supplies together early. I noticed that everyone has there interiors black, and I have seen the posts on here before. Just cant seem to find right now. What does everyone use for the interior paint? Plain black, or I thought maybe I had seen something about spray in truck liner?

i used rustolium truck bed liner in my bucket, it worked quite nicely and added some strength to the thinner areas ;)

yq4oZmT.jpg

but any flat black paint will work, i wouldn't recommend using any glossy paint, also dont get ANY of this on the outside of the bucket, it is permanent

Dash, how were the fumes from that?

I reinforced the mic tips using sock pieces and glue and then painted the inside with Rust-oleum Painter's Touch Flat Black using a foam brush. No smell at all, but it does take a couple coats to cover, swab it on , wait 5 minutes so that layer is good and tacky and do another coat. I bought an 8 oz can and have 90% of it left over.

Dash, how were the fumes from that?

I reinforced the mic tips using sock pieces and glue and then painted the inside with Rust-oleum Painter's Touch Flat Black using a foam brush. No smell at all, but it does take a couple coats to cover, swab it on , wait 5 minutes so that layer is good and tacky and do another coat. I bought an 8 oz can and have 90% of it left over.

no fumes from the paint after it fully cured, but the plumbers goop i used to hold in the foam padding smelled fumy for a few weeks ;) i like the look of the plasti dip as well

Edited by dashrazor

Gotta love good options....I really like the idea of the plasti-dip spray..Mostly because I already have a full can of that sitting around from a lightsaber build. And no clue what else I would ever use it for.... It is good stuff

Just do a really good job of taping it all off. I sealed the eyes and frown with blue tape, then placed the helmet inside a small garbage bag and taped it to the bottom rim, this allowed me to go crazy with it.

• 4 months later...

So i called around, an every hardware store said plasti dip is used for coating the ends of tools to give it a grip... An that it doesnt get hard. Is this true?

Im currently in the prosess of using that truckbed liner. Which doesnt seem to be giving tha back where the hovis will go any sort of support. Its paper thin, to where i can accualy poke threw it with my finger. But we shall see.

• 6 months later...