Phase 3 Helmet build from a MR CE

I know this has been done a few times, though I have never seen a completed version. And I know it's not canon at all, and I know customs tend to bother some, but... Since you guys are the Stormtrooper experts, I thought I put this out there for some input. Eventually this will turn into an entire suit, but for now, just the lid. Here we go:

I started with an MR CE helmet I had used for a TD a while ago. I have seen a few attempt at doing this, but always with a Clone helmet modded to look like a Stormtrooper, never the other way round, (this is not my picture, it's from starwarshelemts.com)

MR_Storm2_12.jpg

I needed to cut the cheeks out and make the visor look more 'clonish'. I don't like the video game versions of this because the detail is so hard to see. And since this is more a fun project than anything else, I just did what I felt right.

I spray painted where I thought the cut out of the visor would eventually be, as well as marking out where I would have to cut to make the cheeks flush.

IMG_20100904_152052.jpg

IMG_20100904_152057.jpg

Okay, so I didn't take pictures of the cut, since I forgot and it's kind of like sausage making, but here is the result after sanding and priming.

IMG_20100904_181404.jpg

IMG_20100904_181412.jpg

I also had to 'shrink' the helemt a bit. I cut the area below the frown about 3/4" and cut out and resized the chin piece to make it smaller. This scared the crap out of me since I was really flying blind as far as the end result. But, I am fairly happy with it so far. I did however relent and go with a clone 'T' visor. I thought that helped the process come together a bit more.

2.jpg

1.jpg

The light makes it look kind of like a skull?

Anyhow, I will keep the pictures coming for those that may be interested. As a side note, the rest of the helmet and ears are going to remain stock. I wanted to try and keep it closer to the stormtrooper than clone trooper but still keep the feel of an 'in between' lid.

Update:

Here is the helmet loosley reassembled. I still have sanding to do, but I wanted to see what the whole looks like.

4.jpg

3.jpg

UPDATE: Almost done. Need to paint the chin, add the screen, do some weathering, and a few other small things. It's getting there-

mail.jpg

Edited by travis

Murray1134,

Thank you so much. I am alomost done with it. I am eventually going to take a set of TK and do some very light mods to it to try and make a whole "The First TK" type look. It's a fun project and getting the feedback from you guys is valuable, (even though you are the only one to comment so far). If you have any ideas you think I missed, feel free to post them. Thanks again.