DragonCon 2010

So who's going to be at DragonCon this year?

I realize CV (which was an absolute BLAST!) pretty much sucked the oxygen out of the room in terms of the summer con season, and that we all have limited time and money, but I'm hoping to see at least a few of you there.

So who's going to be at DragonCon this year?

I realize CV (which was an absolute BLAST!) pretty much sucked the oxygen out of the room in terms of the summer con season, and that we all have limited time and money, but I'm hoping to see at least a few of you there.

I wasn't able to attend CV. So this is my first DragonCon, can't wait!

YES!!!!

I will be there the entire weekend. I was at C5 on the Saturday and not only was that my first troop, it was first con....and I am hooked. I'm looking forward to this as, and not to sound mean lol, I wont have my children with me to add to craziness so I should have more time to meet other troopers and talk shop...WIN!!!

What sort of things can I expect involving the 501st and FISD out there?

Edited by redcoat

The costume parade on Saturday morning tends to be the main event, so if you want to see the 501st massed that'll be your best opportunity. We'll also have a fan table set up in the Marriott (exact location TBD). And a 501st Mixer is in work, it will be Friday evening, location is still being finalized.

Other than that, this year will be a bit scaled back from other years in terms of 501st involvement, in particular there won't be a Droid Hunt. 501st panel participation will also be scaled back from previous years.

Again, all of this is partially because D'Con is coming right on the heels of CV, but also (so I understand) that the DragonCon staff for some reason hasn't been as supportive of the fan groups as they have in past years. <_<

The costume parade on Saturday morning tends to be the main event, so if you want to see the 501st massed that'll be your best opportunity. We'll also have a fan table set up in the Marriott (exact location TBD). And a 501st Mixer is in work, it will be Friday evening, location is still being finalized.

Other than that, this year will be a bit scaled back from other years in terms of 501st involvement, in particular there won't be a Droid Hunt. 501st panel participation will also be scaled back from previous years.

Again, all of this is partially because D'Con is coming right on the heels of CV, but also (so I understand) that the DragonCon staff for some reason hasn't been as supportive of the fan groups as they have in past years. <_<

Oh nice, I am pretty sure I am staying in that hotel too. Im def gonna be saying hello to other members and members to be (like me)

Just got back from DragonCon. I'm pretty tired after the 12hr drive between D.C. and ATL, but it was a great time. Best of all was meeting up with my fellow troopers. Nasir (Storm_Knight1), we're definitely going to have to get together again the next time I'm in Atlanta if not sooner.

Anyway, some pics:

I MUST find out who that Vader is - he's just about the best Vader I've ever seen, and relative to me he is the perfect height!

4956803861_70450a233e_z.jpg

Damn Trekkies. A pretty Trekkie, but a Trekkie nonetheless.

4966190080_34f8ff03d1_z.jpg

Gotta love the white armor groupies :D

4965593271_e4d36506e1_z.jpg

Under arrest for a sh**ty Ackbar impersonation. UnderArmor sweats & sneakers - really? :huh:

4965590999_49bb3c2677_z.jpg

This one looks suspicious - bringing her in for "interrogation" ;)

4966190534_9bc9f44c19_z.jpg

Pretty much says it all . . .

4965591427_9e02308e9c_z.jpg