Helmet sizes, please help?

Hi all,

Many apologies if this has been covered many times, im currently using a very slow pc and couldnt find the answers im looking for anywhere.

Im around 5ft7 and slim, ive just bought a set of TK armour from a friend of a friend and while we are timming everything down to fit me I still feel that the lid is too big and looks a bit silly on me, its also a little shabby ( the lid that i bought ) so would be looking to replace that part anyway.

Could people advise me on if different manufacturers have different sizes? and if so which are the smallest whilst retaining good screen accuracy.

I would massively appreciate all help along with any links to where i can buy them.

Many thanks to anyone who can help in advance :)

This has so been covered so many times already! :P haha

Welcome to the forums Rob.

You should go introduce yourself.

The main difference in helmets is FX / everything else. FX being massive and everything else being closer to, and all the way to, accurate.

It then really depends on how you assemble the bucket.

My TE2 has a lot of room in it. The opening to GET into it, however, is a bit "tight."

My MR CE is really not that much bigger on the inside, but it feels a lot bigger because the opening on the bottom is bigger.

This is all due to how high the brow is and such.

Higher brow makes the "back" tilt "in" and closes the opening up. Of course you could always cut an opening out larger.

Finally, I have heard if you have a very large nose any helmet is going to be rather uncomfortable. Nothing much you can do about that.

Sounds like you do, in fact, have an FX bucket.

You could also have a look at my Armor 101 page for a quick run down of armor makers and such.

Hope that helps man!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks so much guys, sorry for not introducing myself before now and for asking a question thats probably been answered many times before, the PC here at work is so slow i couldnt search properly and i desperately wanted to know my options regarding a new lid. I now have a few good options to look out for, thats all great info.

Many thanks again :)

No problem man! I like razzing new guys that they haven't looked hard enough, or so on and so forth. But you did fine! :)

Glad we (I?) could help! B)