SDS / AP

Hi, Im kind of an noob when it comes to Tk armors / helmets. I've an Fx armor, but now I want to get an new helmet. I've been looking a while and have been a bit fond of the SDS battle spec.Now I've read that it often is badly assembled, thats why I'm thinking of buying it in kitform. But I want a expert oppinion about it.

*Is the battle spec good?

*Can I join FISD with it?

*How does it look on an FX armor?

*How good is it compared to an Ap helmet?

Regards,

Edited by TK- boy

I have an SDS Battle Spec helmet. I like it. The proportions are good, and it seems sturdy enough.

But now that AA offers it in kit form, go for that. You'll certainly do no worse than the assembled ones. With my pre-assembled one, I've had to drill the teeth better, paint the frown, replace the lenses, and file the eyes wider. But other than that (ha!)....

I like the milk hue of the SDS white. Not sure how it compares to the FX armour. It'd probably be good to have them match.

In my humble opinion i would spend my hard earned else where, somewhere other than sds ;)

His BS helmet is rather odd, having extra bits glued on to the ears and vocoder which is far from accurate. I think you would do better with a cheaper, better looking helmet from someone who does not trade on the skills of dead artist's :angry:

However if you choose this item, it will be fine for membership in the 501st and here at fisd, you may just need to spend some time and effort on it :rolleyes:

Yes, I think you'll find out that there's a HUGE diference in color.

I have both an AP and an SDS. The SDS is acrylic capped ABS, it looks a very milky white. The FX I've seen look blueish in comparison. So I'm not sure if it will match an FX armor at all.

Good point's, Well I think I'm going to get it anyway, color diffrence or not :rolleyes: . I can always get me an other full armor in the future. ;)

Well, maybe we can talk then. I'm thinking of selling the SDS. Send me a PM.