Darth Vader - Not Really All Bad

tigger68

Ran across this article today regarding the psychiatric evaluation of Darth Vader by some French psychiatrists. Thought it was interesting, and somewhat insightful, if a little obvious.

Enjoy! Just don't tell the big guy that you got it from me okay? ;)

Professional Diagnosis of Vader's Mental Problems

"I believe that psychotherapy would have helped Anakin and might have prevented him from turning to the dark side."

Just tried to imagine Anakin lying on some kind of couch and the psychotherapist asks him to tell him about his hopes, fears, dreams, nightmares, maybe little voices in his head and so on.

I guess it won`t take long untill the psychotherapist kisses the dust wheezing or till he gets broiled by some Sith-lightnings! :D

Well, that`s a good moment for a first: "I find your lack of faith disturbing!"

LMAO - I love psychology! There are just so many hilarious quotes from that piece:

The guy is a full-on sociopath with serious issues. But every lunatic needs a good diagnosis.

Darth Vader possessed six of the nine borderline personality disorder criteria as defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fourth edition.

So George Lucas character of Anakin Skywalker, later known as Darth Vader, was really a subliminal commentary on the teenage struggle with identity and the end result of surrounding yourself with the wrong people.

:lol::lol::lol:

• 11 years later...

This is very informative. I like to communicate on topics for which there is no definite answer, as well as any question about the definition of true evil and good. And this example with the bright personality of the character of Darat Vader, the character of the Star Wars universe, is an excellent example of this. I am interested in understanding psychology  different reviews help very well on this issue. I was very surprised to find out how many problems can be solved this way.

Edited by JavierPerero
  • Like 1