FX helmet ear question.

I bought the new AM kit in full which included the helmet. I do plan to replace this but I want to build it first and bone up on my armor crafting. I drilled my ears in an interesting way so an option presented itself that I wanna run by a few people first. Knowing the ears on the FX helmet are meant to go strait down, could I taper the ears to look slightly more accurate than going strait downwards? I attached some pics to put it into perspective.

Thanks!

post-13467-127630338735_thumb.jpg

post-13467-127630339219_thumb.jpg

Could you? Sure you could!

Should you? Why not!? :D

I mean, like you said, you're going to replace it sooner-or-sooner anyway. Why not use it as a "test" to see what you can do and what you like?

I got a 2nd FX bucket a few years back and used it for just that---------I liked how it turned out... though, of course, it was still an FX. B)

(and yes... I know those pics on that page need fixing...)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Wow.. you did a fantastic job on that. I was actually considering doing that but I don't know enough about heating this material up to attempt that. Does it look warped at all or does it overall feel like non-stereotyped FX helmet. I do plan on heating my ears to keep shape and not put tension on the helmet but that's about as far as I am comfortable with.

On 6/12/2010 at 8:50 AM, No said:

Could you? Sure you could!

Should you? Why not!? :D

I mean, like you said, you're going to replace it sooner-or-sooner anyway. Why not use it as a "test" to see what you can do and what you like?

I got a 2nd FX bucket a few years back and used it for just that------------I liked how it turned out... though, of course, it was still an FX. B)

(and yes... I know those pics on that page need fixing...)

Edited by gmrhodes13

Yeah, you could tell it was an FX, but it didn't look anything like the "normal" FX. I actually gave that one away in a raffle. The guy was ecstatic. :)

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13