Oakley ROTJ helmet

I bought this baby raw and finished it with help from my fiance. Its quite heavy and I still find it quite large for my head but it does make an awesome display piece.

It's a pity it wasn't lighter or a tad smaller. For a start I can't see nothing out of those bubbled lenses lol.

bK9bgy0.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

I will need to get new lenses (flat green) and lots of padding then :D

Only problem is the paint job, if the armor (ATA) is a different shade of white?

Great helmet.

Have you got any pictures from the sides and back?

Joe

Nope, not yet. I admit the 2 black stripes at sides (ear cap) are not as good as I wanted them to be. (too thick)

I have some spare green gel sheet you can use for the lenses, drop me your address and I will post it up the line. I am down in Cornwall!

The original helmets were a different shade to the armour, so it would be 'screen accurate', but ATA armour needs painting anyway so you could use the same paint.

Joe

Edited by JoeR

I have some spare green gel sheet you can use for the lenses, drop me your address and I will post it up the line. I am down in Cornwall!

The original helmets were a different shade to the armour, so it would be 'screen accurate', but ATA armour needs painting anyway so you could use the same paint.

Joe

Cheers mate, PM sent :)