Lady stormtrooper advice needed

Hi everyone, I am 5'4 (yes very small) im also small framed, back size 36" hips 42" and 140Ibs. Im looking to buy a kit where i can trim it down but not look terrible. Are there smaller kits out there for smaller people even women? Thing is i feel i have small arms (length and size also)

My fiance is in the 501st and got the new AM armor, but i must say its huge and i really doubt any of it would fit and trimmed down would probably look hideous.

I am wondering what you guys think would i look good as a stormtrooper at 5'4?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Edited by Joker

You’re probably best suited to the likes of AP or ATA or TE2 armor. They are probably the smallest in terms of size. Do a quick search on FISD, there’s a few threads started by female troopers and most have been able to trim things down to size to fit.

In my opinion, almost any kit can be sized down if you’re ingenious enough with trimming, Dremeling, heat guns, heat irons, etc.

I have an AM kit (yes, it’s huge) but take a look at how much I trimmed off the parts-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

On 6/9/2010 at 7:59 AM, pandatrooper said:

You’re probably best suited to the likes of AP or ATA or TE2 armor. They are probably the smallest in terms of size. Do a quick search on FISD, there’s a few threads started by female troopers and most have been able to trim things down to size to fit.

In my opinion, almost any kit can be sized down if you’re ingenious enough with trimming, Dremeling, heat guns, heat irons, etc.

I have an AM kit (yes, it’s huge) but take a look at how much I trimmed off the parts-------------

Hi Pandatrooper, what would you recommend? Do you know how much these kits are?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

im in the process of putting together an ATA, im a smaller guy (5'6" 150 lbs) it seems to fit quite well so far, and the quality and price are both great...

i am no expert, just my honest opinion :D

On 6/9/2010 at 9:08 AM, pandatrooper said:

PM inbound.

Here is a pic of me 5'4 with the helmet on, though no padding yet.

Thoughts?

gbsYwuq.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

I believe TK8224 is about your proportions. She is one of our EIB troopers and wears AP. Might be worth sending her a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Brian I will get in touch with TK8224 :)

since your 5 4 you could get the step ups for your shoes and they make you liek 3 inches taller

they are little rubber soles for your shoes that stick to help for us small troopers =-D

• 2 weeks later...

You and I are in the exact same position. I have very similar proportions to you. 5'5, 42" hips. I plan to get some of those shoe inserts that make you taller (Hope to be bumped up to 5'8, but that may be wishful thinking). I am looking at AP, ATA or TE2. Glad to find another female TK-to-be!

All the TE derived suits (ATA, TE2, CAP-W, AP, MC) are going to be very similar in size. The main choice is HIPS vs. ABS, second will be cost vs. sharpness of the molds. IMHO, all five suits are good, just pick which best fits your desires.