"Double-Wide" Thighs

After some soul searching, I've come to the realization that my thighs and buttockal region are just a WEE bit too big for the AP kit. *sigh* To remedy the problem, I plan on widening the finishing strip in the back. At the moment, my finishing strips are the screen-accurate 20mm, however in order to get things fitting comfortably, I think I'm gonna have to go double wide.

My question is, will this pretty much destroy my chances of getting an EIB?

Have you considered trying to purchase a pair of AM armor thighs? They are meant for bigger troopers and although you still may need to add shims to them, it might not be as noticeable - really all depends on just how much thicker your legs are (and you would know better than the rest of us).

Have you considered trying to purchase a pair of AM armor thighs? They are meant for bigger troopers and although you still may need to add shims to them, it might not be as noticeable - really all depends on just how much thicker your legs are (and you would know better than the rest of us).

I literally only need 20mm more which encourages me to work with what I have as opposed to mixing thighs from different kits, although I have considered that route.

Edited by G Force

My question is, will this pretty much destroy my chances of getting an EIB?

Well, I'm EIB with shims in the back of my thighs. Should not be a problem!

Well, I'm EIB with shims in the back of my thighs. Should not be a problem!

Obi, I've noticed you removed the back "lip" of your thighs as well. I'm considering this mod too as bending my legs seems somewhat problematic with that lip. The empire sure didn't design these things with practicality in mind!

Slight thread derail:

Can someone confirm the screen-accurate width of the finishing strips on the calves, thighs, biceps, and forearms? :unsure:

Thanks in advance. :)

Obi, I've noticed you removed the back "lip" of your thighs as well. I'm considering this mod too as bending my legs seems somewhat problematic with that lip. The empire sure didn't design these things with practicality in mind!

Yeah, I just had to - walking stairs would be near impossible without that mod. And it's screen accurate even: some TKs had quite big chunks cut out in their back knee area, some had only slight trimming. Mine is quite extreme. ;)

On 6/4/2010 at 7:21 AM, ObiHahn said:

Yeah, I just had to - walking stairs would be near impossible without that mod. And it's screen accurate even: some TKs had quite big chunks cut out in their back knee area, some had only slight trimming. Mine is quite extreme. ;)

That's very reassuring! I just scrubbed through the movie and, low and behold, the first few troopers to walk through the door had cut-out thighs:

WR7vHWl.jpg

I'm always amazed how sloppy these guy looked in the movies...half of the calves are noticeably falling apart in the first scene.