Idea on speakers

Just curious, but has anyone ever tried using a speaker unit from a cell phone for their blaster or helmet?? :blink: . A friend of mine thought this up when he recieved a call from his Gf and his speaker was super loud and very clear :) . Any thoughts,comments,etc.

i have never tried that, but cell phone speakers should work , but the smaller size (depending on the phone) may limit the sound when put in a blaster, i do know that regular household cordless telephone speaker do not work well when over amplified (tested and the blaster sound distorted), i have used baby monitor speakers in a few of my builds, they are super loud also and can be found at thrift stores and yard sales really cheap :rolleyes:

whether or not it will work good depends on the phone used and the blaster sound circuit also, the only way to know for sure is test it out

iv got a ton of sound circuits and a few old trac-phones, i may just try it

good idea ;)

Edited by dashrazor

Dont know about phones but when my g/f's laptop died i pulled the speakers from that, quite small too... still gotta test them to see how they sound tho :blink:

Hmm, cool. I have about 12 diferent cell phones lying around the house that are no longer used.I am super tempted to pull em apart now,lol.I know that 4 of em have the walkie talkie options, T-mobile i think ???.I was thinking i'd just replace the hasbro speakers.Those are kinda rinky dink and sound just..... blah.