Ribbed tubing on Lewis (BFG) Gun

Hey Fellow troopers, I have a LEWIS GUN (BFG) for my TD and I am trying to find the proper ribbed tubing or? for the barrel, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT IS??? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you,

All my best to all,

AL

Edited by Blastmaster

I used 4" corrugated drain pipe. It's not 100% screen accurate, but prefer it since it;s more durable. It's believed that the screen accurate approach was to use rubber tubing with a "D" shaped profile, and it could have been adhesive or glued into place.

There's several threads on MEPD discussing it. Here's a good one

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6282

I used 4" corrugated drain pipe. It's not 100% screen accurate, but prefer it since it;s more durable. It's believed that the screen accurate approach was to use rubber tubing with a "D" shaped profile, and it could have been adhesive or glued into place.

There's several threads on MEPD discussing it. Here's a good one

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6282

Thank you,

I am going there today and a brother from my Garrison is sending me some extra he has!!!!

Thanks so much,

AL

I used the 4" corrugated tubing too. I cut out about an inch from the underside. I used a car piston ring compressor to squeeze the tubing closed around my barrel.I drilled holes & screwed on the underside. You can not see the screws & it's never comming off! :dancing-trooper:

t21ribs.jpg

t21sling.jpg

t21.jpg

My Dad found the corrugated tubing on the side of the road. It was beat up & scuffed real bad. At first I was like this is too bad to use. But Dad said isn't it supposed to look beat up? I said yeah :blink: So we tried it out. After we had it in place, I used Bondo to fill some of the larger holes & the front seam where the corrugated tubing met the barrel. When it came time to painting, it was perfect! It made for some interesting dings, truly battle worn :dancing-trooper:

If you wanna go with a rubber tube. You might try sevral vacume clearer belts. I was gonna go this route before I found the corrugated tubeing. I found some at the .99 store. They came two to a bag. They fit very snug, but wasn't too crazy about the weight. With a gun thats almost 5' long. You kinda want it to be lite as possible when carrying it during long troops. :dancing-trooper:

Thank you guys,

I used some of the drainage tubing for now but found an awesome item to use, as soon as it comes in the mail I will show some pics,tell you what it is and get some feed back !!

All my best,

AL

I used the 4" corrugated tubing too. I cut out about an inch from the underside. I used a car piston ring compressor to squeeze the tubing closed around my barrel.I drilled holes & screwed on the underside. You can not see the screws & it's never comming off! :dancing-trooper:

t21ribs.jpg

t21sling.jpg

t21.jpg

AK 47?????? :blink: