AP Armor Question; How fat is too fat?

Hey guys...I just visited with the 501st at Novi, Michigan's Comic Con, and I am ready to begin my journey into Stormtrooper legend. Being a new guy, I am starting to think I may be wasting my time though. I am 6'3", 235 pounds (sadly...not all muscle...). Should I just not even bother with any armor kit, or are there kits out there that would fit my "build"? Thanks for any feedback anyone is willing to offer up!

Hey guys...I just visited with the 501st at Novi, Michigan's Comic Con, and I am ready to begin my journey into Stormtrooper legend. Being a new guy, I am starting to think I may be wasting my time though. I am 6'3", 235 pounds (sadly...not all muscle...). Should I just not even bother with any armor kit, or are there kits out there that would fit my "build"? Thanks for any feedback anyone is willing to offer up!

Any kit can be made to fit any frame, and we've had troopers larger than yourself not only accepted into the 501st, but make EIB as well. Having said that, some kits are specifically designed for larger troopers (AM and RT Mod in particular) and will naturally require less modification to make it fit.

Also, please post an introduction in the New Member Introductions area. :)

I'm 6'1.5" and 215 and I didn't have to shim my TK. Glad you made it out to MCCC, sadly I wasn't there today. Don't forget to check out the garrison's website too.

http://www.greatlakesgarrison.com/

• 5 years later...