ROTJ blaster referance pictures needed

Hi again all,

I have just been watching ROTJ and looking for the details/greeblies on the blaster.

I can't see in any part of the movie the greeblies on the left rear of the blaster.

The three dot type ones on the right are easy enough to see

26373_1387837291512_1099460237_1164778_5013121_n.jpg

and the different scope rail also but at no point did I see any greeblies on the left rear, infact it looks like there arn't any if anything.

26373_1387837451516_1099460237_1164782_7948257_n.jpg

Heck!.. the trooper on the right doesn't even have a scope !!

26373_1387837211510_1099460237_1164776_7420014_n.jpg

Maybe the CRLs need adjusting?

Any help and knowledge you guys have on this would be great.

Thanks,

Grant.

Edited by EE-3 slinger

Grant,

there are quite a few close up images taken by fans of screen used ROTJ blasters on flickr, for example. Those shots come from SW museum tours. Just launch a search with "stormtrooper blaster" and they'll come up.

I will try and link some of them here later on.

EDIT: couple links for you on the fly:

Stormtrooper Blaster

3627496671_891222a1b1_z.jpg?zz=1

Edited by SoloDallas

Huh Grant, only now I realize your question was more sophisticated... sorry mate, didn't mean to be simplistic. Now that you point that out, I have never seen those right side greeblies in screen captures.

I think I always gave it for granted. I remember people mentioning that there was a resin cast of a screen used ROJ blaster that had those - and I have seen pics of that in the years - , so I always gave it for granted, but you make a good point.

Edited by SoloDallas

Yes I was trying to point out that the scope rail is different and that there are 3 dotts on the right side(not mentioned in CRLs) and that I can't find any evidence of the greeblies on the left side (which are in the CRLs).

I would like to know who decides what the CRLs are for a costume and how they come to their conclusions.

I think a lot of the time what is said to be "screen used" is not,it's just what they had left to display.

Take the biker scout from the SW museum for eg, it has no greeblies on its TD = not screen accurate!

I think this is another one of those instances where a proto type is put on display and called"screen used".

If it can't be seen in a screen capture then it shouldn't be included.

Anyway, I guess if you want to go EIB you just have to follow the head sheep and just do what your told to.

Cheers,

Grant.

• 1 month later...

Thats an ESB stunt E11 there on endor !! thanks for posting this i never knew they used them in ROTJ as well, the ESB stunt was used as reference for the ROTJ E11 but they must have used a few on the movie as well.

heres some great hi res pics of the ROTJ e11 (the commonly known one :D ) that is based around the MGC sterling, theres another on page 2 as well -

http://www.stormtrooperguy.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=164