F/X AFX, TE, AP,...... Ug

Im a new user so please feel free to hate me for asking what you probably think of as a simple question...

Ive recently been in the market of (trying to) buy a kit, and it's honestly pretty confusing.

I've learned most of the terms(specifically the helmet, theres lots of terms in the helmet).

My only real confusion is trying to figure out all the different kits, Ive heard lots talked about here, but havent seen anything but fx or afx on the market, and still dont know what (or where .... or how much) any of the other kits are.

Also why is there so much negative talk about fx's? Is it not acurate?

You left out RT-Mod... ;)

Welcome to the forums.

Your first consideration ought to be your budget. What can you realistically afford?

As you have noticed, there are a few kits on the market and there are pros & cons to be aware of.

The FX suit is the most widely used kit out there and can be relatively cost-effective on the wallet, but the drawback is that the helmet is oversized and inaccurate compared to other kits such as the TE, AP & RT buckets.

My best suggestion is to do your homework, search the forums and ask all the questions you feel you need to before shelling out the hard-earned $$ on your dream.

Ultimately, it's a rewarding experience and one that shouldn't be rushed or regretted.

Cheers,

b

souperflie said:
Im a new user so please feel free to hate me for asking what you probably think of as a simple question...

Ive recently been in the market of (trying to) buy a kit, and it's honestly pretty confusing.

I've learned most of the terms(specifically the helmet, theres lots of terms in the helmet).

My only real confusion is trying to figure out all the different kits, Ive heard lots talked about here, but havent seen anything but fx or afx on the market, and still dont know what (or where .... or how much) any of the other kits are.

Also why is there so much negative talk about fx's? Is it not acurate?

FX/GT Galxey trading armor The original FX Helmet and Armor was sculpted by GF or "Follano".

AFX is pretty much GT.

TE is trooper expert with out him accurate armor would not be possible everything comes from him!

AP authentic props.

TM Troopermaster a fan sculpt that is amazing!! if i can get the cash flow going i;d go for one of his suits

FX armor

5nb4mIk.jpg

TE armor

6tTFwNL.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

In short most of the derision of FX is not about the main suit per se but resides mostly with the helmet and the paucity of correct detailing that people put into their suit.

Mike Harrison has a great explanation at-----------. It's probably the single best page describing the different armors on the Internet when it comes to comparing the various makes.

FX is the least accurate of various armors that are 501st approved. Perhaps more responsible for it's derision is that what's included in the kit increases the inaccuracy of the suit. For instance only ROTJ stormtroopers had black ab plate buttons, yet black ab plate buttons are what ship with every FX kit. Only ROTJ stormtroopers had a single back plate (instead of a split butt/kidney), yet the FX comes with a single back plate.

It's quite possible to make the FX kit look very good - at least to where the casual person can't spot it's inaccuracies, however this is not how the kit comes out of the box, thus is not how most people configure their armor.

One of the missions of this detachment is to raise the quality bar for stormtrooper costuming and help those members who want to achieve it to do so.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thank you for the kind words! If you go to the for sale section you can see what an HDPE helmet looks like, the same material as the original screen used stunt helmets and they are TE to boot! The price on the helmet cannot be beat as well.

T*E