Stopping the shins rising up?

Last night was my first troop in my new TM armour at the Star Wars in Concert at the MEN Arena, everything went well except for the shins moved up and settled on the top of my boots..

Now is there anyway they can be secured to the boot to stop this happening?

Edited by Stormy

Another option is using elastic to create stirrups.

Take a piece of elastic of appropriate length and glue each end to the inside of the shin, forming a loop. When you put on the shin piece, wrap the elastic under the arch of your foot, then put on the boot.

Another option is using elastic to create stirrups.

Take a piece of elastic of appropriate length and glue each end to the inside of the shin, forming a loop. When you put on the shin piece, wrap the elastic under the arch of your foot, then put on the boot.

I made stirrups like mentioned above, and it works MUCH better than velcro. Reason - the velcro does not allow for any motion. With an elastic stirrup it lets you have some play.

I need to take a picture to explain it better.

I made stirrups like mentioned above, and it works MUCH better than velcro. Reason - the velcro does not allow for any motion. With an elastic stirrup it lets you have some play.

I need to take a picture to explain it better.

If you could get some pics it would be of great help in my problem, cheers.

I actually sewed a 3" piece of 1" nylon strapping to my boot in the front, then added a snap to the end of the grieve and then glued a snap on the inside. Then when the grieve gets put on, you open from the rear and snap the strap in place, then finish. Keeps the grieve from riding up, and is 100% hidden.

I will try to post pics of this is anyone is interested.

I actually sewed a 3" piece of 1" nylon strapping to my boot in the front, then added a snap to the end of the grieve and then glued a snap on the inside. Then when the grieve gets put on, you open from the rear and snap the strap in place, then finish. Keeps the grieve from riding up, and is 100% hidden.

I will try to post pics of this is anyone is interested.

Ha i just did that but on the back section and added a snap to the fabric tab that was already sticking out the back of the boot.

Edited by Revolver Ocelot