Hello Everyone, looking for some expert advice

Hi everyone, my name is Anakin Skywalker (seriously) I live in Kelowna, BC Canada. I eat, breathe, and sleep Star Wars, and it’s been my dream to have a TK number, ever since I first heard of the 501st. Weather its putting on my Star Wars adidas and Boba Fett Marc Ecko full zip hoodie on in the morning to go to work, passing my business card to a customer at the end of a measure, reading “Anakin Skywalker, Site Technician”, and getting a smile like, “are you serious?” or curling up on the the couch with my C-3P0 and R2 blanket to watch ESB for the 99,999,999,999th time, or waving my hand every time I walk up to an automatic door at the grocery store like I opened it with the force, and getting a comment from my friends or girlfriend like “nerd” or “idiot”....I think I have what it takes to wear the white armour.

I’m finally at the point in life, financially and hobby skill wise, that I’m serious to take on this project. I’ve done a lot of research about different armour types, but I’ve kinda read myself into circles, as people, do have different opinions on everything. But here’s the long and short of it all, I need some advice from my future fellow TK’s. Here’s my goal.

I’m 5’10, 160 pounds, and since I’m average height and skinny, I’m looking for the slimmest, best fitting, most ESB accurate armour money can buy, and I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty.

So please suggest away, I’d love to hear all you experienced TK’s thoughts, and I promise to return the knowledge back to the 501st once I get some experience under my own helmet.

Thank you; look forward to building friendships and hobby tips.

Sincerely,

Anakin Skywalker (not-so stable Jedi)

"TM, you seek TM!"

/

----------

With a name like yours you deserve the most accurate ANH/ESB armor.

And that's a Troopermaster one.

If you want the best combo I suggest TM armor + TE2 helmet, you can't beat that.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Consider what you want to do with your armor before purchasing. Trooping? Display? Is wear and tear important? What material properties are important to you?

Think about how you will be using your armor, then apply the specific pros and cons of each kind and see if they offer what you need.

Also consider the tools and extra materials you'll need to complete your TK, and the extra cost. A lot of people forget about that. The armor kit rarely comes with "everything" you need. Someone posted a list of tools required a while back, and it was very extensive - a good read.

I think Stuka's tutorials are some of the best out there, definitely worth reading and seeing what applies to specific armor types. His tips can be applied to most builds.

I'd have to agree with Pablo. If you want as ANH/ESB accurate as possible, money is no object, you're willing to go onto a waiting list, and you are truly willing to dive in and take this on, TM is your best bet. You certainly have the right physique to make it work.

A good way to go is to take a look at the build photos (we have build threads and trooping photos showing every type of armor), compare them to ESB screen stills (or simply take a close look at the trooper featured on the background of this forum), and judge for yourself.

I have to know - how did you get a name like Anakin Skywalker? Did you legally change your name at some point?

Hey Anakin, there area lot of great armor kits here. Depending on you skill levels and time and effort you want to put into it, and factoring in the cost, look at TM, AP, and TE2 for accurate suits.

AP and TE2 both are molded off of screen used armor and helmets. TM is the most accurate fan sculpt out there and gets 4 stars by everyone who gets a kit. Just check out the builds and you will get a feel of what is best for you...

Also a great reference sight is swh.com http://www.starwarshelmets.com/ You might want to check it out.

I'd have to agree with Pablo. If you want as ANH/ESB accurate as possible, money is no object, you're willing to go onto a waiting list, and you are truly willing to dive in and take this on, TM is your best bet. You certainly have the right physique to make it work.

A good way to go is to take a look at the build photos (we have build threads and trooping photos showing every type of armor), compare them to ESB screen stills (or simply take a close look at the trooper featured on the background of this forum), and judge for yourself.

I have to know - how did you get a name like Anakin Skywalker? Did you legally change your name at some point?

great, thanks bud! I did change my name indeed.

great, thanks bud! I did change my name indeed.

Hey man! Welcome to the FISD :) Dude if you wanna get a little slack on the cost, go ATA, its pretty accurate, a little tougher of a build but the price is great and it looks great all put together, just another option to consider. PM me if you want some more info.